Sharing yoga with your child gives them the gift of being active. There are many benefits to a kids yoga practice, and they’ll learn at a young age how to enjoy their body for how it makes them feel, rather than how it looks. This is an important and powerful message for parents to demonstrate!
Forget about your bodily hangups. Let your body-positive message be louder to your kids than what they might see or hear in the media.
Yoga with your children helps them to:
- Feel loving and loved
- Enjoy themselves and learn to value who they are
- Learn about and value their bodies
- Nurture their special strengths
- Experience non-competitive enjoyment of their bodies, playfulness, fun and collaboration
- Access a quiet place within themselves to cultivate during challenging times and experiences
- Fill up with vibrant, vital energy
- Practice balance, coordination and suppleness
We all know that kids love moving their bodies and being physically active. Practicing yoga with your children allows them the freedom to play with their bodies and bond with you at same time.